Ayrshire Cattle Society Introduce Paperless Certificates
Tired of filing paperwork? You can now opt for paperless certificates which can be viewed online.
As of 1st January 2013, all Ayrshire UK members will be able to download and print pedigree certificates from the CDI website via the secure PIN protected members area.
More often than not, pedigree certificates are out of date as soon as they are printed as data is continuously being updated with regards to the animal and their ancestry through evaluation runs, DNA testing, completing lactations and classification. With online information being regularly updated, it has become apparent that a new online paperless certificate is necessary to ensure that up to date facts are known and used.
Follow the steps below to start creating online certificates
- Login to the NBDC Members Section using your Prefix and PIN. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Visit the download page link. When the new page opens, click on the Request Certificate via Herd List link, under the Online Certificates sub heading. This will take you to the Online Certificates page.
- Select the animals that you want to run certificates for (maximum of 10). When an animal has been selected, it will appear in a list above the grid control panel. To remove an animal from the list, click on the Remove link.
- When you are happy with your selection, click Run Certs.
- A new box will appear, telling you your certificates are being generated. Click on the Download Certificates link to be taken to the Downloads page. When your certificates have been generated you will be able to view them and save them from here.
- When your certs have finished running they will appear in a new list on the page. Clicking on the file title will open the certs in a new window.